Government and Military Applications
Our Hardened Military Structures are designed to meet or exceed current Mil Spec and NATO Third generation standards. Third generation NATO hardened Aircraft Shelters are designed to meet NATO AASTP-1 and Mil Spec 188-125-1.
Hardened military structures are designed to withstand a wide range of threats including forced entry, CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear) attacks, ground shock, penetration, fragmentation, and damage to the structure and equipment due to explosive loading.
Our balanced survivability approach ensures that no significant facility failure mode has been overlooked.
The Advanced Survival Technology Team of specialized and certified design, engineering, and construction specialists can provide Department of Defense designs or building services for any type of military facility or related requirement, including (but not limited to):
- Deep Earth Command and Control Bunkers
- NATO "Third Generation" Direct Attack Aircraft Hangers
- Earth Cover Magazines (ECM's)
- Hardened, Above-ground Blast & Ballistic Resistant Facilities
- EMP/HEMP Protected Facilities
- The Advanced Survival Technology Team can provide the following services and products:
- Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, Blast, and Ballistic Engineering
- Shelter Dynamics & Programming
- Fortification Designs & Placement
- EMP/HEMP Mitigation Engineering
- CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological & Nuclear) Air Filtration Systems
- Blast Doors, CO2 Scrubbers & Oxygen Machines, and Miscellaneous Specialized Shelter Equipment
- Existing Facility Assessments & Recommendations
The Advanced Survival Technology Team designs structures according to UFC 3-340-01: Department of Defense Unified Facilities Criteria: Design and Analysis of Hardened Structures and UFC 3-340-02: Department of Defense Unified Facilities Criteria.
- Military grade pre-fabricated steel shelter systems. All designs meet or exceed the (USACE) United States Army Corps of Engineers design standards and are in accordance with the (IBC) International Building Code.
- Complete design and specifications for Command and Control Centers, Continuity of Government Facilities, Communication Centers, and similar Facilities.
- Full Blast Engineering and Mitigation designs.
- Full Facility HEMP shielding designs and complete specialized component protection.
- Military grade CBRE (chemical, biological, radiological and explosive) equipment including air filtration, blast doors, blast valves, etc.
- Military grade pre-fabricated steel shelter systems and reinforced concrete systems (permanent and modular systems available)
(Please see additional information under "Fortified and Hardened Structures" Section on our Home Page)
Special designs are available to mitigate for multiple types of missiles and munitions impact.